COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this personal blog may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

June 21, 2011

THE GAY PRENUPTIAL PHOTOSHOOT

"Homosexuality is a sin, homosexuals are doomed to spend eternity in hell. If they wanted to change they could be healed of their evil ways. If they would turn away from temptation, they could be normal again. If only they would try and try harder if it doesn’t work. These are all the things I said to my son Bobby when I found out he was gay. When he told me he was homosexual my world fell apart, I did everything I could to cure him of his sickness- 8 months ago my son jumped off a bridge and killed himself. I deeply regret my lack of knowledge of gay and lesbian people. I see that everything I was taught and told was bigotry and de-humanizing slander, if I had investigated it beyond what I was told. If I had just listened to my son when he poured his heart out to me. I would not be standing here today with you, filled with regret.  I believe that god was pleased with Bobby’s kind and loving spirit. In Gods eyes kindness and love are what its all about. I didn’t know that each time I echoed eternal condemnation for gay people, each time I referred to Bobby as sick and perverted and a danger to our children, his self esteem, his sense of worth were being destroyed. And finally his spirit broke beyond repair. It was not God's will that Bobby climbed over the side of a freeway overpass and jumped directly into the path of an eighteen wheel truck, which killed him instantly. Bobby’s death was a direct result of his parent’s ignorance and fear of the word gay. He wanted to be a writer, his hopes and dreams should not have been taken from him, but they were. There are children like Bobby sitting in your congregations, unknown to you they will be listening as you echo amen and that will soon silence their prayers, their prayers to god for understanding and acceptance and for your love but your hatred and fear and ignorance of the word gay will silence those prayers. So before you echo amen in your home and place of worship, think, think and remember, a child is listening."- this is Mary Griffith's speech in behalf of his late son in Prayers for Bobby.

Prayers for Bobby is a 2009 television film that premiered on the Lifetime network on January 24, 2009. It is based on the book, Prayers for Bobby: A Mother's Coming to Terms with the Suicide of Her Gay Son, by Leroy F. Aarons, which is itself based on the true story of the life and legacy of Bobby Griffith, a young gay man who killed himself due to his mother's and community's religious intolerance. The film stars Ryan Kelley as Bobby Griffith and Sigourney Weaver as his mother, Mary. This is my latest gay film's favorite.  Honestly, I don't wish to have a gay son.  The reason is I don't want him to suffer the same feelings I have.  Pero kapag magkaroon man, kailangan natin i-accept.  When I finally admitted my real self and accepted gay people and be in our real world that's the time I feel real happiness. I enjoy being with gay friends then.  We get together from time to time and meeting new gay friends as well.



Here are some shots of a special moment during our trip @ Rumagangrang beach in Cabalagnan, Nueva Valencia, Guimaras.  We had an on the spot Pre-Nuptial photoshoot.  It was unplanned but it turned out great!  We really had fun!

This is the result of lack of sleep.  Harry woke up and changed his outfit- the all white outfit with Romeo.  Bigla na lang nag-pop sa mind nila to have a photoshoot a la prenup. 

Okay go.  Shyne stand as the photoshoot director.


Meet Harry aka Joyce- the bride to be gay                                And meet her husband to be gay Romeo


They looks a perfect gay couple!  Not to mention the okrayan.  Ha-ha.




Pose lang sila ng pose.  Click lang ako ng click.






This is the best shot!  Si Shyne said some instructions here.  Ang paa ng bride dapat hindi lumabas sa long skirt niya.  Parang gown lang.

Funny pose.  Kakaiba sa usual keri shot

Mas nauna kong na-click. Jump shot sana 'to.

The entourage with the bride to be gay did the jumping shot



Make life enjoyable. 


This is the wedding invitation.  Watch out for the wedding shoot.  It will be soon.


P.S.  I got the info and message of Mary Griffith from the facebook page of Prayers for Bobby.

5 comments:

Eds said...

ganda ng shots mo red!

bien said...

TARUSH ng prenup photoshoot. white kung white, virgin na virgin!

redlan said...

point and shoot lng yan @EDs.

@Bien: haha. Oo nga virgin na virgin ang dating.

sheng said...

@Red, nice shots. Although I still have my reservations on gay marriage, I feel love flowing through your pictures.

KRIS JASPER said...

Hey RED! new career? I like the place... Looks soooo unexploited.. Diin na sia?