COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this personal blog may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

February 20, 2011

E-MAILS vs SNAIL MAILS


When it comes to communication, our world is becoming increasingly high-tech. There’s the popular Facebook.  Hmmm Twitter too! It might cause some to think that letter-writing is TOO OLD SCHOOL. The tech-savvy people of our world might think I am TOO OLD because I still write handwritten-letters and love to do back-to-basic things still. FYI, I am following the new world but I still practice the old age-style. I still love to do it especially during electricity interruption. It’s like, I still love the hand-job even there’s the insert coin machine. Ha-ha. Handmade things give me much pleasure and I always appreciate the effort. I always like personalized stuff.

There are few people who are like me. I have an online friend in postcrossing project (I've mentioned few months ago)  who is into letter-writing too.  We both writing each other even if we are friends on Facebook.  There's excitement every time you receive a snail mail. I always inspired to write using my hand.  And I love my hand-writing. 


I use different styles in writing.  It depends on my mood.  I am not even in the mood to write sometimes.  But when I am so inspired, a lot of great ideas comes along in my mind. 

It's been several months the last time I sent my reply.  So I made it a point to write more.

Sending some photos of my city since we are living in two different countries.

This is a post it inspired letter for the month of January & February in one.

 I sent the letter last February 09, 2011.  Fabrice and Laurent received it last Thursday, February 17th.
Fabrice informed me on FB:  WOWOWOW !!!!! I got it yesterday, I got it yesterday !! THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !
How about you?  Do you still write snail mail? 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nah i haven't tried it, waley naman akong sinusulatan as far as I know, ehehe

pero ang snail mail masmaganda kase, kitang kita ang effort mo, hehe
i wish i could be that creative

:D

RedLan said...

Martin: Creative ka naman sa ibang field eh.

Anonymous said...

I don't write snail mail anymore. Sad to say that it's the more romantic way of sending messages, kasi may effort. I guess people want to make their lives easier so they choose the techy method

RedLan said...

Will: Thanks for the visit and for the comment here.

I was surprised to know that some people are still into letter-writing despite of the new technologies invented. I am into both the old and the new methods.

Eds said...

tamad ako magsulat redlan. tapos hindi pa kagandahan ang aking hand writing. hehehe

Pinoy Boy Journals said...

i always send postcards to my friends here and abroad! Postcards are always nice!

RedLan said...

@Truth: Keep on posting. Thanks for the visit and comment.


@Eds: Ganda ng penmanship mo kaya.

@PBJ: Me too. Yung mga photos mo, pang-postcard!

nuts said...

I still do! iba pa rin ang snail mail diba.