COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this personal blog may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

July 4, 2010

THE POSTCROSSING PROJECT

I am still enjoying postcrossing!  Receiving and sending postcards around the world is so exciting.  I learned more about other culture and traditions, meeting different people around the world and know some terms of their own language.  Moi means beautiful in Netherlands.  Privet means hello in Russian.  Ilo means joy in Finnish (Iloilo City according to them joyjoy city). Sawasdee means hello in Thailand and Moin moin means hello in German. 

I just knew GB is for Great Britain.  Soumi is the Finnish word for english word Finland like Pilipinas-Philippines.  Lapland is the Nothern Finland where Santo Claus used to live.

Most of the postcards I received are historical landmarks and beautiful arts like painting.  Some postcrossers love to put stickers, draw something and they write in different strokes.  I love reading different messages on the pack side of the postcard.

They have unique names too such as
Ewa-Polish
Michaela-German
Kazimierz-Polish
Lyubov-Russian
Feifei-Chinese
Pang-Thailander
Qianqian-Chinese
Eca-Finnish
Gerda-Belgian
Kateryna-Spanish
Jorma-Finnish
Paivi-Finnish
Darcie-American
Heli-Finnish
Yaya-Puerto Rican
Bi-han-Taiwanese


I received postcards from unique countries like Kenya, Bahamas, Portugal, India, Switzerland, Belguim, Croatia, Hungary, Puerto Rico, Japan, Austria, Denmark, Ireland, Iceland, Belarus, Lithunia, Greece, Estonia, Norway, Sweden and more to mention

This is where I stock in the postcards I received

So many postcards to organize and line up to put in a postcard album I personally make.

I marked the postcards in red after I posted the postcards on my postcard blog.

The first two postcards i ever received, one is actually a thank you postcard.  Both came from Finland.

the postcard album I just finished with 20 clear pages. 

Happy postcrossing!

Blogger Templates

4 comments:

Eds said...

uhmmm, mukhang nag eenjoy ka na talaga sa postcrossing na yan. how i wish meron din akong time to join and look for postcards na pwede kung ipadala around the world.

Four-eyed-missy said...

Red, I love your albums! You are so organised, hisa ko ba :D
Where do you buy your postcard albums? I want to get several for mine, too. Pagpuli na lang ni bro ko kay sigurado mapa-joyjoy city sya a hihiihi. Keep the Postcrossing spirit alive :D

nuts said...

nice postcard collection and you get to know more friends around the globe!

renin said...

Wow postcrossing! I also want to have my own collection and know people of different culture... would you mind if i ask your help? May i also know one or two of your postcrossing pals?