COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this personal blog may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

March 17, 2011

POSTCARDS AROUND THE WORLD.

I sent another set of postcards this week.  Most of them were "thank you" postcards.  One was a private swap postcard.  They were ten all in all.  I made one photocard for a unique postcrosser from Australia.  He wish to receive something artsy.  Handmade card is AWESOME for him.  He appreciate snail-mail and interested in what ones write than what kind of card he'll receive.  I wrote a wish, a poem and revealed a secret :-) 

He likes drawing and painting so I drew roses.
I included the Philippine flag sticker and a 5 centavo Philippine coin.

This is the front view of the photocard in three folds.


In return, I received 8 postcards.  Here they are:

A beautiful painting, BELARUS

ALENA:  Thanks for this beautiful painting of your city.  I like the stamps as well!



Vilnius, Lithuania

UGNE:  I sent a postcard for you before I received yours.  Whatta coincidence!  It's like we just exchanged postcard.  I like your postcard of the famous church.   You used a couple of unique stamps too!  




traditional costumes of Finland

SARI:  I like the traditional costume postcard you sent.  I really appreciate the effort.  And I like the stamp too!



The rose garden by Beatrice Parsons

Beatrice Parsons (1869-1955) was born in London and studied art at the Royal Academy Schools.  She worked in watercolor and painted some portrait and genre subjects but specialized in pictures of old English gardens.  She exhibited at the Royal Academy from 1899 onwards.


ANNEMIEKE:  First off, thanks for checking this blog and for the appreciation of my photos.  If you want to receive some photos of the Dinagyang Festival costume photos, I am glad to send you some.  Just let me know.  Thanks too for choosing the painting of the rose garden.  I am into arts and I paint/draw roses as well.  You have the best choice of postcard for me!



KUIB KYIV, SPAIN

ALEXANDRA:  Thanks for sending the postcard of Kuib, Kyiv.  I find it so unique.  I also like the stamp!



City of Segovia, SPAIN


JOANNA:  The stamps are colorful!  Thanks for the architectural structures of the Segovia city.





Young PONDO women, SOUTH AFRICA

TIMO:  It's my first time to receive a postcard from South Africa.  I find it's so unique!  I like the stamp too.  Thanks for the information about the Pondo culture.



The Welsh Dragon

ANU:  It's my first flag postcard.   Thanks so much.  Needless to mention, I was born in the year of the Dragon.  I feel so lucky to receive this postcard.  Thank you very much!

That's all!  I expect another set of postcards next week.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ganda nung city of Segovia!! sana mapuntahan ko rin yan someday

witsandnuts said...

I liked most the card from Finland!