COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this personal blog may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

August 22, 2010

MY FIRST KNITTING PROJECT IN THE QUARTER TURNS

Knitwear has always played an influential in fashion trends and its latest manifestation is in the form of chunky knits.  Whether you are an ardent follower of fashion or a knitting enthusiast, you cannot have failed to notice the impact that chunky knits have had on the catwalk in the recent seasons.  Hmmm.... I am looking forward to see that in Magkaribal (if it would be featured).

Everyone can do knitting unless not interested or not willing to learn.  The classic way of learning to knit is to start with something basic and then move on to perhaps a simple garment using different shaping methods or stitches.

Of course, you should have materials to be ready for that like yarns.

And knitting needles ( I already bought knitting needles myself.  Using chopsticks as a substitute is just a last recourse or alternative or let's say way of practice.)

This is my first attempt.  The cellphone pouch.  As you can clearly see, it's not perfect in shape. 


Beaded butterfly is just a style not included.  But I will try to make bead projects in the future.  I gave it to my office mate.  It's bigger for my mobile phone.



This is my second attempt.  It's for myself.  The knitting and its shape is now neat. :-) Continuous practice makes it perfect.  I did until 2 am and it made me sick.  lol.  I am really obsessive in the things I like to do.  it's the worst attitude when I am in love.


There you go!  my new knitted mobile pouch.



This is my third attempt.  It's for my friend who loves violet.  She's finally pregnant!


Like in the beauty pageant such as Miss Universe, I would love to play the quarter turns during swimsuit competition.  Violet  mobile pouch be ready....

now,







and finally now.....  Thank you lady!  Lmao!


As a reward, there's Mr. Wow Ulam, Coco Martin!

Seriously now, there is always a sense of achievement when a new skill is mastered.

Another skill and project I did, the knitted bracelet.  It's not for the advance welcome of the Ber months. The red for the love of myself.  The yellow for P-Noy.  And the green in support of KJ's advocacy (since I don't have pounds just heavy pounds.).

He said:
Green ribbon stands for Protection of Environment (and animals too, i guess)

Gibo out, KJ in.  Kidding, please don't take it seriously guys.  I just followed Victoria's winning line.
I tried to wear the yellow one.  It looks like a sparkling gold but fake bracelet.  Lmao.  But I like the swan white button.

Blogger Templates

5 comments:

Eds said...

yay! ang galing naman. buti ka pa meron ka pang time to do that thing. congrats, good job redlan.

pero feeling ko mas bagay sa akin yang red bracelet & mobile pouch. at si coco martin eh mas bagay sayo friend, what do you think? hehehe. joke

happy monday to you!

Four-eyed-missy said...

I love your pouches! Magbukas ka na sang etsy shop mo, Red =)

nuts said...

green is for envy. and i envy you when you're in love. your obsession turned out positive! congrats for the new skill!!

kg said...

wow! napakatalented mo naman! ako nga ni hindi marunong mag knit! he he! hope to can make bigger things like sweaters! he he!

renin said...

Galing, ganda na ng output mo.

I keep on putting "learn to knit" in my to do list, but it only remain a part of my list. Hopefully, I'll have the time to learn it...