COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this personal blog may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

August 27, 2010

THE STORY OF A HAMLET

Just before the sunrise in the countryside, I often hear the songbirds welcoming the dawn.  Despite the darkness, I know that the radiant light of the sun will soon appear.


Why do birds sing?  Birds sing because they have a syrinx instead of larynx.  The syrinx is the birds voice box, an organ that lies deep in the birds chest and is uniquely fashioned for song.  Songs are used to attract mates and defend territories, but the form is much more than function.  Nature is full of beauty and music.

As a hamlet kid, I was able to witness the stages of bird's life.  Twig by twig, the couple birds constructed a bowl-shaped home.  Soon she laid eggs and kept it warm until it hatched.  Then, the babies were born.  Their parents worked hard to keep them safe.  In few months, they were ready to leave.  And the nest became empty.


Like the offspring, I left home to continue my own life's journey.  But I always missed home and I go back.  On the other hand, I missed to participate in previous photo themes although I kept checking FSO.  Afterall, it's nice to be back!

Blogger Templates

10 comments:

kate sweeten said...

That first picture is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Well done :)

Jama said...

What a beautiful view of the sunrise, it blew me away !

KRIS JASPER said...

Hmmm... S drama ah!

lol! Te, pugad man lang na, wala man na itlog? hahaha!

mA-AN RED

Sarah Sullivan said...

Wow hon...both shots are stunning!!! WOW!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

The nest is so nice. I still have an unposted nest I photograph in Malaysia.

Unknown said...

love the story and the pics. I was wondering where you have been. nice to see you back again. have a great weekend!!

In the eye of the beholder said...

Great story and love the pictures

Pauline said...

Glad to see you back, Redlan. Both photos are beautiful. The sunrise took my breath away and I love the light on the bird's nest!

nuts said...

bakit nga pugad lang? :P umalis na, grown-up na and can already fly by himself.. nice story!

renin said...

Hi Redlan!

I am not a morning person so I hardly see a sunrise...hehehe Anyway, I find your sunrise snapshot very nice. While the nest picture conveys a number of stories...BTW, how did you took its picture? Did you climb a tree, or what?