COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this personal blog may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

May 21, 2010

THE SEXUAL SIGNS

Looking myself in front of the mirror, I've noticed some big changes.  I'm getting fat, wrinkles developed, countless grey hair- the sign of aging.

Looking back 27 years ago (I am 34 years old now), facing the mirror wearing a big bra, duster and 2 inch high heeled shoes- the signs of being a gay.  I was left alone at home that time.  All of the sudden, my brother arrived and he caught me in that embarrassing situation.  For the men in the family-my father and brothers, gay is not acceptable.  It was my mom who always known I was gay because we were together most of the times.

Born in the 70's and grew up in the 80's, gay was really a big deal.  It was shameful on the part of the family  members.  They were very conservative.  There was the added trauma of dealing with a judging society.  people who knew me insisted I had been in the closet because they always had suspected I was gay, as if i had simply been pretending not to be gay.  That was harsh.  I hid myself inside the room when we had visitors at home.  Judgmental people were practically calling me a liar to myself, and the worst kind, too, because I had been lying about who I was.  There was a time I even asked myself, "Is homosexuality a problem that needs to be solved, or a deadly illness that urgently needs to be cured?"

I went to the city after my Elementary graduation and pursued my studies in a private school.   I still brought the heavy luggage inside me.


to be continued....

Blogger Templates

10 comments:

nuts said...

maybe during 80s, but now it's not a big deal anymore. i love gays, alam mo ba i have gay friends too and i get along well with them and love them so much. so pag napunta ka manila, it's a riot for us.. i'm a gay girl. char..

renin said...

Not that I want to give addtional burden to you, but then unless we (meaning not only the "me" but also those "around me" fully deal with our concern, it will keep on following us like a known stalker that we can not caught on the act.

But hey, being able to show who you really are is admirable. I have gay friends too and I admire them, esp those who admitted their reall sexual orientation.

Reena said...

i have gay friends too. i think it was harder then. but now, i don't think it's a big deal anymore. do you still feel being judged or something ba? if you are, don't be. lahat naman tayo may kanya-kanya stereotypes eh, even with straight persons. just embrace it. and they will love you for it. :)

RedLan said...

Nuts: Tama. Am a gay guy here. char. lol

RedLan said...

Renin: Gumaan pakiramdam kapag magpakatotoo. Mas happy.

RedLan said...

Reena: Thanks. Wala na, nalagpasan ko na lahat. I am happy now.

nuts said...

hey, i came back.. saw your pic there at di pwede di ako magcomment. mga pic nun treasure talaga sa kin. i know there are more stories behind that pic. very nostalgic. (sabay plugging..jk) no kidding, ang seryoso mo sa pic.. hihi

princess_dyanie said...

ah so emo blog pala to. haha. anuveh. di na yan big deal ngayon noh. keber kung anu sabihin nila. basta wala kang tinatapakang tao, keri na yun teh. hayaan mo sila. yung mga judgemental, mga inggit lang yun dahil hindi sila masaya. sabihin mo sa kanila tse sila.

mf! u know that i love u dba and i accept u no matter what! mwah mwah! :x

RedLan said...

Nuts: Sigurado ka ba kung sino ako sa apat na nasa photo? hehehe. nakita ko nga yung entry mo.

RedLan said...

so personal ito MF. Pero i decided i-mix ko na. Hindi ko pa maiiwan ang other blog ko. kelangan ko lang mag dotcom.sayang ang pr 4 ng other blog ko.