COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this personal blog may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

June 4, 2010

THE FAMOUS CHICKEN ADOBO

This week's FSO's photo theme is MENUS by Sara Williams.  I humbly represent the famous Filipino menu:

THE FAMOUS CHICKEN ADOBO

The native chicken adobo my mom prepared for me the last time I visited home in the province as my favorite order.  It was a priceless MENU.  I like more when chicken adobo has annatto as food flavoring.  It tastes slightly sweet and peppery.

INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN ADOBO
2 lbs. chicken
6 chicken liver
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp peppercorns
3 tsp soy sauce
1 bay leaf, torn into pieces
salt to taste
annatto as food coloring (optional)


HOW TO COOK
1.  Soak all the ingredients in a bowl for 30 minutes to an hour
2.  Remove the livers and place the rest of the ingredients in a covered saucepan.
3.  Simmer until chicken is almost done.
4.  Add the livers and simmer for five more minutes.
5.  Drain the meat and save the liquid.
6.  Heat cooking oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken.
7.  Combine the browned chicken and the liquid in a saucepan.  Simmer for five minutes.

Blogger Templates

13 comments:

Jama said...

Sounds yummy!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

My Filippino friend taught me to make this favourite dish. I even wrote it in my book.

Sue McPeak said...

Chicken is a favorite everywhere, and this recipe looks and sounds like something my Husband would like....with the chicken livers! Thanks for sharing the recipe and cooking directions.

Kim, USA said...

Hi Redlan, I bet your province is in Luzon, I am from Mindanao and our chicken adobo doesn't have liver to add on. That is one good thing in the Philippines each province or region has their own version of chicken adobo and it ALL taste really good. It is always a hit to my american family every time I cook it for our party or get together. I am so glad I found this other version of chicken adobo I will try to cook this too. Happy weekend!


Menu

Kim, USA said...

Oh by the way I like the photo on your header. I don't like the way it is (I bet it's the work of illegal logging) but I like how the person watched the balding mountain and the trees where cut off. No wonder just one single heavy rain flood will come immediately. Happy weekend!


Menu

NanU said...

Sounds great! Will you come cook it for me? I'm a disaster in the kitchen...

~JarieLyn~ said...

Mmm Mmm Yummy! Sweet and Peppery are two of my favorite flavor combinations. This looks fabulous. Thanks for the recipe.

GingerV said...

oh that does sound yummy. can't get chicken livers here unless you want to buy a kilo - next time we have company for dinner I will save a few chicken livers and try this.

Pauline said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe, Redlan. I'd like to have that meal to tuck into today when it is cold, wet and windy. I'd say it was great comfort food.

Barry said...

Looks delicious Redlan! And I bet it is!

Unknown said...

looks great Redlan! one of my favorite spices is called Adobo. love it.

nuts said...

oh, first off your siken adobo, kahit di mo sabihin, sure ako native chicken eto.. kitang kita naman.. ang sarap. iba ang luto ni momsie talaga.
next is, yung comment ni manang kim, now ko lang napansin, me logging palang nagaganap sa header mo. hihi. diko napansin yun ah.. ang tanong? ano naisip mo at nkatingin ka don? logging concern? I hope napalitan na yung naputol na puno don. :)

Four-eyed-missy said...

Adobo is my favorite of all! Lain-lain ang style sang pagluto but it all boils down to the same sweet-sourish-peppery goodness that we all love... thanks for sharing the recipe. I will try this at home...
Have a great week ahead, Red :D