COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this personal blog may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

December 14, 2010

JOYS OF THE SEASON

Each year, as the days shorter and the air becomes crisp and cold, we prepare for the joyful season of Christmas.  It keeps us busier- putting up Christmas decors, buying and giving Christmas gifts, preparing foods for the Christmas parties and for the noche buena.  What else?  I am out of breath enumerating all od the holiday activities. 

Whether you are home or away from home, you still feel the spirit of Christmas.  Wherever we are, it is to home our hearts travel.

Personally, I don't do or follow Christmas traditions.  hearing Christmas songs make me sad.  I don't display any Christmas decorations at home.  I don't give gifts and visit my family on Christmas day.  Yes, that's true.  I just give gifts after Christmas and to be with my family on New Year's eve.  But I always remember that Jesus was born on Christmas day.

Last Christmas, I was with a couple of friends.  We went to Tatlong Pulo.  This year, I don't know yet where to spend Christmas.  I don't usually plan my schedule.  It is remain flexible.

This is the 3rd chapter of Redlan's Book of Life.  In this chapter, I gonna share to you my Christmas joys.  I've watched the Social Network movie alone after the break up/separation.  Whatever it is in an open relationship.  Maybe I should say or the best line is "I QUIT".  Back then, after I watched the said movie I just knew that the founder of Facebook isMark Zuckerberg.  Stupid me.


All I know that Facebook plays a great role in my life.  It helps me finding my old friends from school.  I was able to reunite with them.  I recently found some of my Elementary classmates on Facebook.

Not only Jesus was born on Christmas.  Some of my family members celebrate their birthdays on this season too.  I tried to escape from work to attend the birthday party of my Apo out of town.  Both were successful- the escape and the celebration.  :-)


Although I am not into putting up Christmas decorations, I was able to make a Christmas tree card.  I got the idea from the magazine KJ sent to me last year. 


I made a sample of an invitation card for my son's baptismal on December 28, 2010.  (Hala sige pa ng sige kahit binuking ka na sa FB.)
Lastly in this chapter of Christmas season, I won't share about one of the Christmas menu- the lechon but the pig fattening or ang pag-aalaga ng baboy as a small business I involved with.



I will share to you not the type of Christmas tree but the banana plantation which don't have candies or Christmas balls but fruits to eat and sell to earn a small profit.


That's all for this chapter.  I gonna end this post with a photo that brings a wish this season from my house to your house.

2 comments:

Eds said...

merry christmas redlan!

Anonymous said...

merry christmas dre'! hehe

ang cute nung pig, nacu2tan talaga ako sa kanila hehehe ayaw ko lang yung part na dadalin na sila sa slaughter house, makes me sad din...


hehe


tc!


:)